The Calasiao Children’s Chorus is composed of children from the town of Calasiao, Pangasinan. Their ages range from 7-16 years old. The choir was founded on January 2005, to bring children from diverse social and economic backgrounds together and strive for one common goal- to be of service to God and to the community through making beautiful music. For the past four years, it has been under the tutelage of Sir. Gilbert Allan N. Dispo, the group’s Choir Master.
In the span of four years, the group has already achieved remarkable accomplishments in the field of Choral Music to wit:
1. Silver Diploma Awardee in the Children’s Choir Category and a Bronze Diploma Awardee in the Music of the Religion’s Category, 4th World Choir Games, July 15-26, 2006, Xiamen, China
2. Grand Champion of “Tinig at Kulay Choral Singing Competition” held at Urdaneta, Pangasinan last December 16, 2006
3. Regional Winner, Children’s Choir Category 2007 National Music Competitions for Young Artists( NAMCYA), September 29, 2007
4. Front act performers during the “ MYMP Live in Dagupan Concert “ held last June 16, 2006 and just recently they also performed during the Bukas Palad Music Ministry Concert last February 28,2009.
5. The group has also received various invitations as guest performers in province wide events such as “Proclamation Rally of Team Unity Candidates” with President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo as Guest of Honor and Speaker , January 2007, “Limgas na Dayat 2006”, “Oalay Manoc Con Taraz Choral Competition”, “Himig Pasko Choral Competition 2006” and “Miss Calasiao 2006”.
6. The choir also performed with the Philippine Pops Symphony Orchestra (a 40 piece orchestra ) in a concert entitled "Voices in Harmony" held at the Dagupan City People's Astrodome last November 19, 2005 .
The group intends to further hone their talents by joining local and national competitions and organizing concerts. They also intend to continue to expand their horizons by joining national competitions and other international choral competitions abroad.